Avantor Americas Commercial Integration Update
January 7, 2019
Dear Valued Avantor Customer,
As a reminder, the migration of our ordering processes to the established VWR operating system is scheduled for Friday, February 1, 2019. As you are aware, this decision will allow us to leverage the best tools and systems to provide you with a more efficient and unified ordering experience with Avantor.
The VWR operating system will be used for all orders shipped to United States, Canada and export customers, as well as for legacy Avantor®, J.T.Baker®, Macron Fine Chemicals™ and Puritan Products™ items shipped from Avantor U.S. facilities. There will be no impact on manufacturing operations.
Below are key changes you can expect following the migration and some related actions you can take (if you haven’t done so already) to prepare for the transition:
- Business documents: Purchase order acknowledgements, invoices and advance ship notices will be sent from (and branded as) VWR, part of Avantor. The new branding will look like this:
- Legal entity and Federal Tax ID: The legal entity and federal tax ID will be under VWR International, LLC. A new W-9 can be downloaded here.
- Invoices: All invoices will be sent from (and branded as) VWR, part of Avantor. Your new VWR account number will appear on your invoices and will cross reference with your existing Avantor or Puritan Products account number. A copy of the invoice format can be downloaded here.
- Remittance: Payments must be sent to the address shown below. EFT enrollment information can be downloaded here.
VWR International, LLC
PO Box 640169
Pittsburgh, PA 15264-0169
- vwr.com Profile: If you had an avantorinc.com web profile, a vwr.com profile will be created on your behalf and emailed to you on Feb. 1, 2019. The email with your user name and password will come from VWR at DoNotReply@vwr.com. The ability to create a new account on avantorinc.com will no longer be available after the migration.
We will continue to honor your existing commercial terms and no changes will be made to:
- How you work with our customer service, technical service or sales teams;
- Your assigned Avantor or Puritan Products account number – you can continue to use your existing account number after the migration is complete, but your new VWR account number will appear on your invoices;
- The manufacturing legal entity or VWR’s legal entity. However, all invoices will reflect the VWR legal entity for which the vendor information in your system should be updated to reflect VWR International, LLC.;
- How legacy Avantor, J.T.Baker, Macron Fine Chemicals and Puritan Products items are shipped – they will continue to be shipped to channel partners from our manufacturing facilities and not from VWR distribution centers.
We have taken steps to ensure that there are no disruptions to manufacturing planning or delivery dates for your open orders prior to Feb. 1, 2019. Please be aware that we will not be entering or shipping orders on that date to allow three days for cutover. The invoicing portion of any open orders and new orders placed after that date will be moved to the VWR transactional system. As orders ship, you will receive an invoice from VWR that will reference the original PO number that you provided for our legacy systems. You will not need to issue a new PO.
On behalf of our global team of more than 12,000 associates, thank you again for your patience, your business, and continued support during this transition. Please reference our frequently asked questions document for more details. Should you have additional questions, comments or concerns, please contact your Avantor representative or email email@example.com.
Executive Vice President
Americas, Biomaterials and Advanced Technologies